Student Tax Education Program - Income Tax

First time filing my taxes. What are my options?

Paper Return

Paper returns can be found at libraries throughout Ohio. They can also be downloaded and printed from the Ohio Department of Taxation’s website, Tax.Ohio.Gov. Paper returns can also be requested to be received through the mail by calling 1-800-282-1792.

  • If you have never filed taxes before, you may not be eligible to use the I-File and may need to submit a paper return.
  • Paper returns need to be mailed on or before the April 18th deadline.
  • If you owe taxes, a paper check or money order will need to be mailed with a payment voucher (Form IT-40P for state income tax or SD 40P for school district income tax).
  • Payment of any taxes due must be postmarked on or before the April deadline.