Municipal Net Profit Tax


What can I do if my municipal corporation is party to a tax-sharing agreement?

Upon request, the Department will list a tax-sharing district separately on its forms to assist your municipal corporation with tax distributions. If your municipal corporation is party to a tax-sharing agreement (other than a JEDD or JEDZ) and needs to have the revenue collected from taxpayers operating in a certain area earmarked to comply with the terms of the tax-sharing agreement, you must fill out form MNP TS, Request to List Tax-Sharing District, available on the Department’s website at

The Department will distribute tax collected in tax-sharing districts to a designated city or village and that city or village will need to distribute the tax collections according to the terms of the agreement. Please see information release “MNP 2018-03: Tax-Sharing Districts” at the following webpage for additional information: