Municipal Net Profit Tax


How do I contest an assessment?

While you may informally contact the Department to request more information about an assessment, to protect your appeal rights you must submit your objection(s) to an assessment in writing to the Department.  You must file a Petition for Reassessment within sixty days of receipt of the assessment with all applicable documentation to support your objection.  Instructions on filing appeals and payment requirements are provided with the notice of assessment. See Ohio Revised Code section 718.90 for additional information.