Municipal Net Profit Tax


Can I file a consolidated net profit tax return?

Yes, a taxpayer that is a member of an affiliated group of corporations may elect to file a consolidated tax return for a taxable year if at least one member of the affiliated group filed a consolidated federal income tax return for that taxable year.  An election to file a consolidated tax return is binding for a period of five years unless a change in reporting is required under federal law.  The election is binding for each subsequent five-year period unless the taxpayer elects to discontinue filing a consolidated tax return on or before the 15th day of the 4th month of the year following the last year of a five-year consolidated tax return election period.