Other Resources for Businesses
This page provides links to resources and agencies that can help business owners get started and grow in Ohio.
- 1st Stop Business Connection — This Web site, maintained by the Development Services Agency, is designed to help businesses get started or grow.
- Obtain a FEIN — Businesses that do not have a Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN) should obtain one from the IRS.
- Obtain a vendor's license:
Register for Ohio Unemployment Compensation here
The Finder —This online tool is designed to identify the sales, municipal income, and school district income tax rates in effect for every address in the state.
Maintaining and Expanding
- Tax incentives — More information on tax incentives for business is available from the Ohio Development Services Agency.
- Business address update — Changing your business address? Complete this form and send it to us.
- IRS small business newsletter — This weekly electronic newsletter offers useful tax information for business owners, such as deadlines, tips and what's new for federal taxes.
The department's toll-free business taxpayer assistance line is (888) 405-4039. The department also maintains a complete phone list. Taxpayers may also ask questions by e-mail.