Introduction to Ohio IT-1040 I-File
Who is eligible to use Ohio I-File?
You can use Ohio I-File UNLESS you meet any one of the following:
- You are attempting to file an Ohio return prior to tax year 2008.
- You are attempting to file an amended Ohio return.
- You have more than 19 dependents and your filing status is Single or Married Filing Separately.
- You have more than 18 dependents and your filing status is Married Filing Jointly.
- You are filing a return for a deceased taxpayer as the executor or guardian.
- You have a foreign address or in care of address.
- You are entitled to a Lump Sum Retirement Credit.
- You are entitled to a Lump Sum Distribution Credit.
- You do not have a social security number or taxpayer identification number.
For important tips and information we recommend you read the entire list of Ohio I -File Frequently Asked Questions before you get started.
[Return to Ohio I-File Introduction]