Introduction to Ohio IT-1040 I-File
What do you need before you begin to use Ohio
You will need the following information:
- Be sure to register by utilizing our self-registration
process (if you are a first-time tax filer in Ohio, or you
previously filed with a non-Ohio address, please follow the
directions in the NOTE here before
- Your completed federal income tax return;
- All of your W-2, W-2G, 1099 and K-1 forms;
- Your checking or savings account information and bank
routing number if you choose to directly deposit your refund
or to pay your tax by electronic check;
- Your credit card information for payment of a balance
due. Accepted credit cards include American Express,
Discover/NOVUS, MasterCard and VISA; and
- We recommend that you have a printer ready to print a
copy of your return for your records.
- You can choose to save your return in a portal document
format (PDF) to your PC if your computer supports Adobe
Acrobat Viewing Software.
For important tips and information we
recommend you read the entire list of Ohio I -File
Frequently Asked Questions before you get started.
[Return to Ohio I-File