File by Telephone
The Ohio Department of Taxation's TeleFile system offers most taxpayers the option to file an Ohio individual income tax return quickly by using a telephone and calling (800)-697-0440.
You may use Ohio TeleFile if all of the following apply:
- You are using a touch-tone telephone;
- You have less than 10 W2s;
- You are a full year Ohio resident ;
- You are under 65 as of Dec. 31, 2013;
- You do not qualify for any Ohio schedule A additions or deductions, with the exception of the deduction for state and local income tax (from federal form 1040, line 10);
- You do not qualify for Ohio Schedule B, C, D or E credits.
Taxpayers who use a telephone to file an Ohio income tax return may obtain the TeleFile worksheet here and instructions in the 2013 Ohio TeleFile publication. Ohio's TeleFile system has new security enhancements and will ask you to enter additional personal information to identify you, and if applicable, your spouse.
Before using TeleFile, please contact the Department of Taxation at (800) 282-1780 if you moved since you filed your Ohio income tax return so that we may update your address and zip code. This information is necessary to complete the filing process.
Taxpayers with more questions may contact us via email or call us toll-free, at (800) 282-1780.