FAQs - Individual Income Tax

What should I do if I need to correct my I-File income tax return?

You must file the Ohio amended individual income tax return, form IT 1040X, to correct your original return.

The IT 1040X Ohio amended individual income tax return is available as follows:

• Ohio Department of Taxation Web site at Tax Forms.

• By Fax: call toll-free at 1-800-282-1782 to have forms faxed or mailed to you.

The IT 1040X form is also available at most libraries, post offices and banks between Jan. 1 and May 31.