FAQs - Individual Income Tax

What should I do if the IRS examined and changed my federal income tax return?

If the IRS changed your federal adjusted gross income, the number of exemptions you claimed or your filing status, you must file an Ohio amended individual income tax return, form IT 1040X, within 60 days of the IRS change.

You can obtain the IT 1040X, Ohio amended individual income tax return, from any of the following:

• The Ohio Department of Taxation Web site at Tax Forms.

• Call 1-800-282-1782 and request the form be faxed or mailed to you.

• Forms are also available at most libraries, post offices and banks between January 1st and May 31st.