Enter on the first line of this worksheet the amount you paid in 2012 for Unreimbursed health care expenses.
Some examples of qualifying health care expenses include unreimbursed costs for the following:
- Prescription medicine or insulin
- Hospital costs and nursing care
- Medical, dental and vision examinations and treatment by a certified health professional
- Eyeglasses, hearing aids, braces, crutches and wheelchairs
- Insurance premiums for health care insurance plans (including both unsubsidized and subsidized plans, Medicare premiums and supplemental Medicare insurance)
- Premiums for long-term care insurance
Note: You must reduce the amount of health-insurance premiums by the amount of the self-employed health-insurance deduction that you claimed on line 29 of your federal form 1040.