Frequently Asked Questions

The Ohio Department of Taxation has compiled a list of frequently asked questions covering many different categories.

To view the questions, click on the "Select Category" bar and then click on the category you are interested in.  A list of questions will appear pertaining to that category. Then click on the question you are inquiring about and the answer will appear.

I have paid a withholding tax assessment in full, but the assessment still shows outstanding on a credit report. How do I get the assessment cleared up?

The Ohio Attorney General’s office issues a Release of Satisfaction letter to you, when assessments are paid or satisfied. You will need to contact the AG's office regarding your request. Their address and telephone numbers are listed below:

Attorney General's Office
150 E. Gay St., 21st Floor
Columbus, OH 43215-3100
1-614-466-8360 1-614-752-7541

After you receive the lien release, you need to file the release with your County Recorder’s office. You may need to send to the Credit Bureau a copy of the lien release and a copy of the receipt from the County Recorder’s office to have your credit record updated.