Frequently Asked Questions

The Ohio Department of Taxation has compiled a list of frequently asked questions covering many different categories.

To view the questions, click on the "Select Category" bar and then click on the category you are interested in.  A list of questions will appear pertaining to that category. Then click on the question you are inquiring about and the answer will appear.

How do I correct an employee's W-2 form?

Follow federal guidelines when correcting an employee's W-2 form. Indicate clearly on the W-2 form, “Corrected” or “Reissued,” whichever applies. If you issue federal form(s) W-2C, or are correcting a W-2 form, send one copy of each corrected W-2 - and an amended form IT 3 that reflects your revised figures for the year - by mail to the following address:

Ohio Department of Taxation
Attn: Employer Withholding Tax
PO Box 182847
Columbus, OH 43218-2847

Do not send revised magnetic media to report corrected W-2s.