Frequently Asked Questions

The Ohio Department of Taxation has compiled a list of frequently asked questions covering many different categories.

To view the questions, click on the "Select Category" bar and then click on the category you are interested in.  A list of questions will appear pertaining to that category. Then click on the question you are inquiring about and the answer will appear.

Can I pay my individual income and school district income taxes with a credit card?

Yes. You may use your VISA, Discover, MasterCard or American Express card to make certain types of payments on your Ohio individual income and/or school district income taxes including:

• Balance due payments for current year individual income or school district income taxes.
• Extension payments for current year individual income or school district income tax returns.
• Estimated payments for individual income or school district income taxes for tax year 2014.
• Amended return payments for individual income and school district income taxes.
• Any bill or assessment liability issued by the Department of Taxation.

Credit card payments can be made via our Web site at Welcome to Ohio ePayment.

There is a service fee charged for this service. This fee is paid by you directly to the vendor; Official Payments Corporation, based on the amount of your tax payment. The state does not receive any portion of this fee.

You may also pay by credit card by calling Official Payments Corporation directly at 1-800-2PAY-TAX or 1-800-272-9829.