Frequently Asked Questions

The Ohio Department of Taxation has compiled a list of frequently asked questions covering many different categories.

To view the questions, click on the "Select Category" bar and then click on the category you are interested in.  A list of questions will appear pertaining to that category. Then click on the question you are inquiring about and the answer will appear.

What do I do if my employer has mistakenly withheld Ohio school district income tax?

If your employer mistakenly withheld school district income tax, you must file form SD 100, school district income tax return as a nonresident (available at Tax Forms), to claim your refund.

Please download the SD 100 instructions beginning on page SD 1 from our Web site at 2013 School District Income Tax Instructions.

The SD 100 is also available by fax; call toll-free at 1-800-282-1782.